Thursday, September 20, 2012


I am in love again.  It happened without me being aware of when, but it has surely happened. 
I actually fell in love with coffee!  Me! A certifiable lover of good, strong black tea!! 
Most often-used tea pots!
Wedgwood Signet teapot
Myott Meakin Finlandia
 
Wedgwood Windsor
 
 
I think it first began when someone brought me a chai latte from a popular coffee shop.  Knowing how much I love hot tea, it was a thoughtful gift from a friend and was a nice change of pace to my plain black tea.  It was so wonderfully delicious with such fabulous spices.  It made a cool morning seem perfect. 
Then, in a day or so, someone brought in a spiced-pumpkin latte.  Oh, it smelled so nice, so I couldn’t pass up a taste.  Mmmm.  Wait! I didn’t even like coffee, or so I thought.  As the cool days stretched into a season, I found I desired a coffee latte as often as my tea.  To keep the cost down, I purchased a bottle of coffee flavoring and added it to my own version of latte.  Then one bottle turned into six, then a dozen, and so on. Now my first drink of the day is based on coffee.  Can you believe it!?  I have to admit, though, the coffee is minute.
 

Here’s my recipe:
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • a splash of flavored coffee creamer, about a Tablespoon 
  • a little less than a third of a cup of coffee.
 Heat the milk and creamer in the microwave for a minute to get it nice and warm and then add the coffee.  Yum. 
Just milk (I took a sip first; I LOVE milk!)
Adding creamer
Final product with coffee added!

Ta-daaaa~
It has only a tiny amount of coffee, so I’m getting my calcium AND enjoying the pleasure of spicy flavors with coffee. I guess it’s true: “Variety is the spice of life.” Here’s to change.

  I found a blog with a coffe mug swap.  Sounds like fun, doesn't it?  Here the link:
http://www.heatherlyloves.com/search/label/Link%20Party


Hugs,
Linda
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment